What is a popular window treatment trend we are seeing in 2023? Motorized shades! Making life easier and more efficient, motorized shades utilize technology and add another fun design element to your home.
There are many benefits of motorized shades. One feature our clients particularly enjoy is using an app to control opening and closing. With the app, it is possible to set up schedules, so that the shades automatically open and close exactly when desired each day. What most clients are surprised to learn is that not just blinds and shades can be motorized, but also shutters and drapery!
Here are some ways our clients are using the scheduling feature:
- Instead of an annoying alarm, clients are scheduling bedroom shades to open for a gentler wake-up call.
- Scheduling kitchen shades to open during breakfast.
- Scheduling all shades throughout their house to close in the evening.
- Enhancing security by scheduling shades to move at set times -giving the appearance they are home when out-of-town.
- In summer or warmer climates, scheduling shades to close during the day to keep their house cooler.
Motorized shades can be powered in a variety of ways, including rechargeable batteries or plug-in power supplies. We recommend hard-wiring motorized shades when building a new house. Perkinson Homes discusses this with clients during the electrical walk and includes it in the electrical plan.
Motorized shades, blinds, and drapery are just another example of how technology is making our life easier, safer, and more efficient!