A new year signifies many things, but it’s also a great time to refresh your home decor. After putting your holiday decorations away, brighten up your mantel and coffee table with these tips from our Interior Designer, Shannon Tootle.
Coffee Table Tips
- Books for visual interest
- Taller items to create height
- Candleholders with moss balls to add color
- Antique vases and fresh flowers
- Small items like trays and candles
Fireplace Mantel Tips
- Gather items you already own to swap out with holiday mantel decor
- Potted house plants
- Colorful vases
- Vintage collectibles
- Vary the scale and sizes to create a balanced display
Small changes around the home can change the whole feel of the room! Decorating your home no matter the time of year is a fun and rewarding activity that the whole family can get involved in. Don’t just have a pretty home, have a #PerkPretty home!