The weather is getting warmer, and we’re spending more time than ever in and around our homes. Shannon Tootle is here to give you some design ideas to really get the most of your outdoor space.
1. Travertine Tile – A great alternative to Trex composite flooring. Travertine provides a sleek look while being heavy-duty enough to withstand any kids or pets!
2. See-Through Fireplace – A literal window to your indoor and outdoor areas, while providing a warm ambiance. A current trend in many homes that is both functional and pleasing to look at!
3. Recessed Lighting & Fans – You don’t want your space to have too little or too harsh lighting. Recessed lighting provides a perfect compromise. Fans provide airflow, and in the warmer months, help keep you cool.
4. Built-In Heaters – With integrated porch heaters installed seamlessly into your ceiling, you’ll be able to control the temperature during the cooler nights, or winter months. Combined with a fireplace makes your area usable year-round!
5. Built-In Bar – Add an ice maker, and you’re a hosting pro! Avoid the constant traffic in and out of your home by adding a bar to your outdoor area, and also provide ample storage and space during parties!
6. Phantom Screens – Not only do these screen helps keep bugs and pollen out, but they’re retractable! Each screen is made to perfectly fit an opening while the custom grain matches your home. They even come with 3 different styles; solar, insect, and privacy.
No matter what the weather looks like, get the most from your outdoor space, and enjoy all the livable luxury a Perkinson Home has to offer! Check out our Outdoor Spaces Gallery for more design inspiration!