Check out our latest video on choosing the perfect lot for your custom home.
Building your home is only half of the custom home equation choosing the location and the lot is equally important. So what are some things to consider when deciding the lot to build your forever home on?
- Topography – basement or no basement?
- Water Management Issues – does water collect naturally on the lot or does it drain well?
- Sun vs. Shade – keep in mind the rise and set of the sun for either sun or shade exposure.
- Access to the first floor of home from ground level – generational homes require less change in elevation for ease of access to the first floor.
- Are future improvements in your plans? – pool, detached garage, firepit?